When is the last time you got Stuck? It’s a yucky feeling, right? Trust me, I’ve been there! There are many reasons for getting Stuck. Unfortunately it’s a real place. An actual location on the map, and for one reason or another, our internal GPS thinks Stuck is true North. There are no road signs or mile markers showing that you are approaching “Stucksville” (borrowed from my Daddy, the late, great Linwood Curley.) It’s hidden between the crevices of our busy-ness, uncertainty and confusion. Stuck is where we end up getting, when “There” is elusive. So where is “There”?
- Where do you want to go? You have to set your destination with intention, if you want to avoid getting get Stuck. Is it a promotion at work? A new level in your MLM business? Is it a different dress size or a completed marathon? Are you after a more peaceful relationship with your teenage son or middle school daughter? Would you like to write a book or start a blog or create a painting? Does getting along with your elderly mom resonate with you? Or do you see yourself getting your financial future in order? Where are you wanting to go? The destination is not the point. You get permission to set that. So take a few days and set a goal to where you want to be. Because where is never the issue. It’s in the why and how that Stuck takes over.
- Why is this important? Why is always a toughie. Why questions you and wants to know right away. Why shows you absolutely no mercy. and when you cannot figure out your Why in any and every given situation, Stuck is sure to ensue. Why? (See, I’m not even kidding on this!) Because without the answer of Why there is no drive. No motive. No fire. No energy. And absolutely No Positivity. It’s as if a “No Trespassing” sign were nailed over the destination to your goal. Even if you attempt to tread lightly in the direction of your goal, without the answer to Why…you will very likely call the cops on your very own self. You won’t believe you belong there, so you arrest yourself. Yep, it’s not a pretty sight. Imagine you holding yourself with your hands behind your back…Miranda rights being read…head bowed as you get in the police car and get dragged further and further away from your dreams. Just figure this one out and you will spare yourself this dramatic scene. Now all you have to think about is How – and that is the easiest one of all!
- How are you getting there? OK, so I was teasing just a bit. How has its challenges but nothing like Why. How is challenging simply because there are so many different ways to do what you want. And if you have already struggled with Why, chances are the How you will reach your destination without getting Stuck is going to take time. The funny thing is, no matter what the sense of urgency is, time is never really an issue. In this day and time we are beings that rush. We are working to cram as much life in as we can. Period. So the best scenario is to take the needed time (not too much time, lest Stuck make an ugly appearance) and make the best decisions you can. Want to lose weight? How does it make you feel to work alone? Would a food or health coach make sense? Do you like groups? How do you feel about the gym? Would you prefer to run on the street or the treadmill? How do you feel about trainers? Get what I’m saying? Each of these choices will most likely get you to your destination. Taking the time to determine in positivity how you will get there, is a cornerstone to arriving with minimal detours, roadblock, u-turns and avoiding “Stucksville”.
What NOT To Do
- Get overly busy.
- Belittle yourself.
- Forget to sew into self-worth.
- Take action without thought or based on someone else’s agenda.
What TO Do
- Program your GPS Where you want to go according to your highest intentions.
- Discover your Why.
- Examine How you want to get there.
- Pick only one mode of transportation at a time.
Along your many journeys and adventures this year, don’t visit Stucksville. Instead grab your most colorful push-pins and put them into the Destination of your Dreams and enjoy the ride!
Chatone Morrison – 2/13/17
Connect with me!
Weekly Sunday Corner Show on YouTube: Bit.ly/ChatoneYT
For Coaching Information: ChatoneMorrison.com
Facebook Coaching/Consulting: @chatonemorrisonconsulting
Facebook Mary Kay: @chatonemorrisonMK
Shop Mary Kay: marykay.com/chatonemorrison
Periscope/Instagram/Pinterest/Twitter: Chatone Morrison